Sonchai Jitpleecheep – Bangkok Tattoo and Bangkok Haunts
What makes Sonchai special?
1.he’s complex and full of contradictions
2. he’s educated – art, philosophy, music
3. he’s honest and compassionate
4. he often ponders the marked differences between Eastern and Western thought and ideology with insight and sardonic humour
5. he’s often cognizant of others’ past lives
6. he communes with the spirits of dead friends and lovers
7. his involvement in each book’s storyline tends to overlap criminal investigation with spiritual quest
8. he consciously tries to adhere to the Buddha’s Eightfold Path
9. he practices methods of investigation that seem quite bizarre to western minds
10. his first person in-the-moment narration immerses us in Bangkok’s seething/sordid/fantastic/vibrant street life
11. his choice of cell phone ringtone (Dylan’s “Tonight I’ll Be Staying Here With You”)
Please note – Moody Sleuth’s complete 9th April post has been unavoidably delayed until Friday 12th April.